Today, GC is ready to contribute to increased sustainability by acting as a role model in environmental management, demonstrating its commitment to improving the livelihoods of Thais, and promoting a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions. This will be achieved by updating its production and consumption processes resulting in reduced environmental impacts.
On September 16, 2020, the Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization, or TGO, announced the "Low Carbon and Sustainable Business Index" award given to GC, which was recently recognized as a leading company in the LCSi with an "Excellence Score" for the second consecutive year. Dr. Kongkrapan Intarajang, Chief Executive Office of GC, received the award from Mr. Jatuporn Buruspat, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment at the Berkeley Hotel. This award recognizes the commitment of the recipients who have pledged to continue to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in their operations in line with national and global sustainability goals, and honoring businesses that are serving as important role models.
GC received additional awards at the event, including the:
- Carbon Footprint Reduction (CFR) certified for 91 product grades including Olefins, High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE), and Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) as a result of reducing greenhouse gas emissions per product by over 2% compared to the base year.
- Carbon Footprint Product (CFP) certified for 125 product grades or 100% of all products including Olefins, High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE), Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE), and utility products.
- Carbon Neutral certified to GC's annual report and Integrated Sustainability Report 2019 which resulted in net-zero emissions (carbon offsetting).
GC's award-winning subsidiaries are:
- PTT Phenol – certified with the Carbon Footprint Product (CFP) for its four phenol products.
- GCL – certified with the Carbon Footprint Product (CFP) for its three services including containing, storing and transporting plastic resin.
- GGC – certified with the Carbon Footprint Product (CFP) for its three products including Thai and English annual reports and Integrated Sustainability Report 2019.
- HMC – certified with the Carbon Footprint Organization (CFO).
- TPRC – certified with the Carbon Footprint Product (CFP) for its PET Plastic product.